[nmglug] Fwd: lost xserver upon upgrade is OK now, no network tho!

Brian O'Keefe okeefe at cybermesa.com
Tue Apr 25 15:44:33 PDT 2006

Also, if anyone in the group is here in Santa Fe and is willing to come to my
home and diagnose my wifi problem, there would at least be a great lunch at a
local restaurant in it for the taker!

I finally bit the bullet and upgraded the whole Ubuntu distro to Dapper Beta
from cd and all windowing issues are fine now. I lost many apps in the
process but if I can get online I'll be able to reinstall everything.
Currently I can use wi-fi radar or gnome network manager or KWifi manager but
nothing will get me online. I have a good signal and wifiradar connects to
the ip address. The network settings are correct and KWifimanager shows a
mount point, full signal, etc., but no internet. Anyone have any suggestions?
Thanks