[nmglug] Re:lost xserver upon upgrade is OK now, no network tho!

Brian O'Keefe okeefe at cybermesa.com
Thu Apr 27 10:37:59 PDT 2006

On Thursday 27 April 2006 1:01 am, Sam Noble wrote:
Thanks everyone. This is a bit for me to handle as I am not that profficient
in this sort of thing, always relying on GUI's mostly but I'm willing!
I checked via my router ( D-Link) and found WAN info:
DNS -198.59.109.7
          206.165.6.11
Not to sound stupid but my /etc/resolc.conf file does not have the
"nameserver" now, just the address 192.168.0.1. I just want to be sure that
when I edit the file I would add exactly this:

nameserver 198.59.109.7
nameserver 206.165.6.11

or do I need the brackets too?

Also Jason, I cannot access any ip in Linux right now. I'm writing this from
my OS X partition so I need to reboot into Linux to try these suggestions but
would like the clarification I requested above first to save headaches.
PS-I'm not with Qwest but rather Cybermesa
Again-a multitude of thanks!!

Brian