[nmglug] help with a friend installing ubuntu 5.10

Bob Knight bob at bobknight.net
Tue Jan 3 20:40:39 PST 2006

Short answer, yes.  My ubuntu sources.list follows...

Bob
- ---------------------------------------
#deb cdrom:[Ubuntu 5.10 _Breezy Badger_ - Release i386 (20051012)]/
breezy main restricted

deb http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu breezy main restricted
deb-src http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu breezy main restricted

## Major bug fix updates produced after the final release of the
## distribution.
deb http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu breezy-updates main restricted
deb-src http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu breezy-updates main restricted

## Uncomment the following two lines to add software from the 'universe'
## repository.
## N.B. software from this repository is ENTIRELY UNSUPPORTED by the
Ubuntu
## team, and may not be under a free licence. Please satisfy yourself
as to
## your rights to use the software. Also, please note that software in
## universe WILL NOT receive any review or updates from the Ubuntu
security
## team.
deb http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu breezy universe multiverse
deb-src http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu breezy universe multiverse

## Uncomment the following two lines to add software from the 'backports'
## repository.
## N.B. software from this repository may not have been tested as
## extensively as that contained in the main release, although it includes
## newer versions of some applications which may provide useful features.
## Also, please note that software in backports WILL NOT receive any
review
## or updates from the Ubuntu security team.
# deb http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu breezy-backports main
restricted universe multiverse
# deb-src http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu breezy-backports main
restricted universe multiverse

deb http://security.ubuntu.com/ubuntu breezy-security main restricted
deb-src http://security.ubuntu.com/ubuntu breezy-security main restricted

deb http://security.ubuntu.com/ubuntu breezy-security universe multiverse
deb-src http://security.ubuntu.com/ubuntu breezy-security universe
multiverse

deb "http://www.linux.lk/~anuradha/nx/" ./

deb http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu hoary-backports main universe
multiverse restricted

deb ftp://ftp.nerim.net/debian-marillat/ sarge main