[nmglug] WIfi for laptop,

Lee Einer lee at dosmanosjewelry.com
Tue May 23 12:14:58 PDT 2006

There are definitely restrictions, and they are based on the chip rather
than the card itself, as the manufacturers have an annoying habit of
using more than one chip in many models of card.

D-link has a list of linux compatible cards on their site -

http://support.dlink.com/faq/view.asp?prod_id=357

Lee