[nmglug] The legacy OS,

Andres Paglayan andres at paglayan.com
Sat Nov 11 19:03:49 PST 2006

I found this blog-in-reply @
http://talkback.zdnet.com/5208-10535-0.html?
forumID=1&threadID=27190&messageID=512390&start=-1

it says,

I have a new word to describe windows.

When referring to windows, please use the term "legacy OS". For
example...

Office mate: Dude, have you tried the latest Vista RC
Me: No, I have little interest in legacy operating systems.

It's amazing to see how they react. They're so used to defending
against the word "proprietary" or "Monopoly" that all of the
arguments that they've so carefully rehearsed are useless. Another
example, when someone sends you a doc or wmv.

Me: Bill, can you re-send that as an MP4 (odf, whatever), I don't
have time to install support for "legacy" codecs (doc files, etc).

It has a beautiful ring to it. It makes Vista seem out of date even
before it's released, it stops tards from creating Active Streaming
Containers for their A/V files. And best of all, it pisses them off.

The only thing worse than a troll is a passive agressive troll. I
hope my linux brethren join me in taking trolling to a new level.
Posted by: russofris    Posted on: 11/10/06