[nmglug] Dirt cheap linux modems

Lee Einer Lee at dosmanosjewelry.com
Wed Oct 25 10:21:26 PDT 2006

Sorry if the subject line excited anyone unduly- I don't have 'em, I am
looking for 'em.

I am refurbing donated computers to give to those who are broke and need
them (e.g., starving students.) I am loading them with Mepis, or, if
they are really lacking in speed, Mepis Lite. I need cheap phone modems
to put into these things, as I expect most of the people that get them
will be using dial-up.

Ideally, these modems will cost less than $10 each. Hummingbird modems
used to fit the bill, but I can't find them on the internet anymore.

Any suggestions for dirt-cheap linux-compatible phone modems?

Lee