[nmglug] Dirt cheap linux modems

Mars DeLapp jmdelapp at delapp.com
Wed Oct 25 12:09:26 PDT 2006

Mark Galassi wrote:
> Dear Lee,
>
> It looks like many of us are doing the same thing.
>
> I have been collecting computers that people are dumping on freecycle
> and setting them up with edubuntu (or dual boot to DSL if they are
> really underpowered).  Note that Mepis these days is ubuntu-based.
>
> We should combine forces, and in fact we should start an nmglug
> initiative to address this.
>
> If Lee had not written, I would have taken a bit longer to prepare a
> note for nmglug outlining some resources based on what is being done
> in Portland and other places, but for now let me just say to y'all:
>
> "shall we start an nmglug thrust to refurbish old PCs and give them
> out to people?"
>
> I will be sharing some of my thoughts that come from my initial work
> on the project.

Yes. I think that would be a great idea.

Mars

J. Marsden DeLapp, PE
President
DeLapp & Associates, Inc. dba DeLapp Engineering®
Providing lighting and power planning, design and analysis services
for commercial, industrial and large residential facilities.
1190 Harrison Rd Ste 3
Santa Fe NM 87507
(505) 983-5557
http://DeLapp.com