[nmglug] Re: lf DSL/Wireless provider

Andres Paglayan andres at paglayan.com
Fri Sep 8 12:32:34 PDT 2006

my understanding is that the future plaza access point is aimed more
towards the developing of the commercial properties around the plaza,
still, for such a new development where everybody has some kind of
broadband
it's lame that we don't have at least a T3 for the whole neighborhood
with optic fiber down to each house,
people just don't get it,
I'm currently using qwest dsl at home with no problems (besides their
buggy modem which I replaced with a Cisco)
and I use cybermesa at work,
I am happy with both, but cybermesa is a little more tight,
i.e. they won't free all ports unless they know you know what you're
doing,