[nmglug] re: lf DSL/Wireless provider

Michael Ax ax at sonic.net
Sat Sep 9 15:52:17 PDT 2006

At 12:00 PM 9/9/2006, you wrote:
>..my understanding is that the future plaza access point is aimed more
>towards the developing of the commercial properties around the plaza,

as long as i can aim a high gain at them i'd be happy. and i have
los, perhaps i should start by hooking that up on the roof and see
what else i can get (as opposed to with a linksys w a 3db antenna on
usb cords) before i go do an annual deal

..
>I'm currently using qwest dsl at home with no problems (besides their
>buggy modem which I replaced with a Cisco) and I use cybermesa at work,

after 1 quick round of calls comcast seems to be $396 for a year.
more than car-insurance lol, still need to confirm that i can serve
my own tunnels from home though.

>I am happy with both, but cybermesa is a little more tight,
>i.e. they won't free all ports unless they know you know what you're doing,

will check their prices too. tks, m