[nmglug] ativa flash drive with u3 and iso9660 partition.. arrgg

Jason Schaefer js at jasonschaefer.com
Mon Apr 9 13:42:37 PDT 2007

Hi

I bought a cheap 1 gb ativa flash drive a few weeks ago. It has this u3
software installed into a read only cdrom iso9660 partition. It is
really annoying to have it automount this cdrom partition everytime. I
imagine its even more annoying in MS Windows, as it actually installs
itself on the system without even asking. My question is, how can I
completely obliterate everything on this drive and re-partition? I can't
use fdisk as its detected as a cdrom.

/dev/sda1 - fat16, 1gb partition
/dev/scd0 - iso9660 cdrom 3.8mb partition

THANKS!
Jason