[nmglug] external drive additional

Nick Frost nickf at nickorama.com
Wed Feb 21 08:59:06 PST 2007

BrianO'Keefe wrote:

 >Can I just rename the
> directory back to "For_Linux" or will that cause some sort of screw up.
> I'd like to just get back to the status quo of having the "For_Linux"
> directory.

I'm guessing you will use "mv" command to rename, which will move
For_Linux_1 to For_Linux", which is fine if that's what you want.
Another option is to move the files (recursively if necessary) from
For_Linux_1 into For_Linux and then remove the For_Linux_1 directory.
If you want to play it safe, you can archive (tar, bzip, etc.) the data
before you perform the move to ensure all goes well.
-Nick

--
nickf at nickorama.com