[nmglug] open source investing group

Andres Paglayan andres at paglayan.com
Tue Jan 9 11:59:48 PST 2007

I am thinking a little more naively,
in the sense that if you play for money you tend to think better,
have you ever played poker for no money? (stripping counts)

I see it as a FOSS educational activity with the money amount you tip
at SFBC

Doing it by your own does not encourage dialog,
knowledge interchange, nor crowd-ware,
which is for me the reason for engaging in it,
(nobody prohibits making your own side investments)

options for profits, if any, can be:
you take your share out, (3)
you give the money to i.e. debian (2)
all buddies leave their stake for re-investing (long term) (1)
or why not, all of the above,

as said before, we should set a set of simple rules,

and again, I'd love to do it for the fun and knowledge,
not for the money,