[nmglug] open source investing group

Bill York iago at pobox.com
Tue Jan 9 12:11:51 PST 2007

in that case, we could have a play scenario, as a competition, where
the rules of the game are (open to discussion, of course):
start with $10,000 of monopoly money
can only invest in open-source companies
develop a portfolio (teams or individuals) and compete with others in the UG
trades are only allowed in-person at SFBC (that would boost attendance).
the game lasts for a year.

this could complete the goal of learning/collaborating with no real
risk to anyone's money and no tax headaches.

bill

p.s. it could be a fun little project to write a management package
for the game; or just use an OO spreadsheet.