[nmglug] new member - hello!

Kelly G. Gallagher kegallag at cybermesa.com
Thu Jan 11 13:17:23 PST 2007

Hello, all,

I am a new subscriber to the list.  Although I have been using various flavors of UNIX (e.g. NetBSD
and Solaris) for almost 10 years now, I'm afraid my system adminstration skills are still quite poor.  I
am interested in attending the meeting this evening.  Specifically, I would like to receive help with my
laptop.  I have a Dell Inspiron 8600 and am running Fedora Core 3.

I could really use help with the following:

1)  updating the kernel,
2)  installing the bluetooth driver (Broadcom Corp. BCM4309 802.11 a/b/g - I have been able to find
only a Windows executable driver, not the source code), and
3)  ability to have my machine and o.s. recognize AV equipment.

Please, would you tell me if bringing my machine to the meeting this evening is within the scope of
this particular group?  Alternatively, I am willing to pay someone as a consultant to help me fix the
aforementioned problems.

Thanks for your consideration, and I look forward to meeting you this evening!

Best regards,
Kelly

Kelly Gallagher
3136 Orange Street