[nmglug] Jan. 13, come support Mark's aging process -- what is six times seven?

Mark Galassi mark at galassi.org
Fri Jan 12 14:33:34 PST 2007

My dear friends,

This Monday, January 8th, I turned 42, another patehtically old age.

To celebrate, and to support me in this pathetic time, we will have a
big party on Saturday, January 13th.

The general outline is that we will cook, then we will eat, then we
will play-music/talk/hang-out, then we can do all sorts of other
things, including hot-tubbing.

Please come along!  Bring your family!  Bring your friends!  Bring
your enemies!  Bring anyone you want!  Bring your musical instruments
or anything else you want!

FAQ and directions follow:

               FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions) (updated 2006-01)

** Where is it?
-- 527 Alarid, Santa Fe -- see the directions to my house below.

** When should I show up?
-- Any time after, say, 5PM on Saturday Jan. 13th, and before 6am the
   next morning.  You can also come much earlier if you want to hang
   out or cook.  If you are busy you can also come much later, or
   bring the "event that makes you busy" to the party.

** Should I bring my musical instrument?
-- Absolutely!  You should bring your musical instrument, even if it
   is rather big, and you should also bring friends who play music
   (and of course also bring friends who do not play music).  We can
   jam "late in the evening, and all the music seeping through".

** When is your actual birthday, really?
-- January 8th.  This is also the anniversary of the Elvis stamp, and
   the birthday of Robby Krieger http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/January_8

** Can I bring stuff to cook, or come early and help cook?
-- What a wonderful idea!  But it's also totally cool to not bring
   anything and to come later.

** Who should I bring?
-- Pass this note to *anyone*.  It would be great if you brought people.

** Should I bring food or drink?
-- If you want.  We will be cooking a lot, but feel free to bring
   anything that is good and requires little effort, or feel free to
   not bring anything.  Another good criterion for bringing food is to
   bring things that (a) come easy to you, and (b) you like to see at
   parties but seldom find there.  This is the "lazy potluck" idea.

** Dude, I live in some other state or continent.  Why did you invite
   me?  You must be a real dodo.
-- Please come anyway, even though you think I'm a real dodo.

** I'm from out of town but thinking of coming to ski in northern New
   Mexico as an excuse for coming to your party.  Should I?
-- Of course!  The snow in Santa Fe is lousy this year, but if you
   stay until February or March it might work out.

** Mark, dude, how about going for breakfast burritos at the Santa Fe
   Baking Company and Cafe late the next morning?
-- Sure; I'm glad you thought of it!

** You sometimes act in a manner akin to that of a nostalgic
   over-the-hill great rock-and-roller (even though you were never a
   great rock-and-roller) by doling out wise tips on things like
   "surfing file sharing services for nostalgia purposes".  Do you
   have any pretentious tips this year?
-- No new ones, but I still enjoy googlefight and "together they fight
   crime".

** Can parking be a problem?
-- Alarid does quite well on parking, so you should be fine.

** What's the worst part of being 42?
-- If you ask really nicely I will let you see me with eyeglasses.

** Any door prizes this year?
-- Anyone who does not get the subject line reference gets a bonk on
   the head at the door, and the door prize goes to the person who
   makes the funniest comment on my glasses.

----

The address is 527 Alarid, Santa Fe, NM 87501.  The phone number is
(505) 989-7397.

Coming *south* on St. Francis you turn left the second time you find
Paseo de Peralta (this will be the first traffic light after Agua
Fria).  Then turn left on Alarid (the 2nd left).  527 Alarid will be
soon on your right, at the corner of the little street Montez.

Alternatively, coming *north* on St. Francis you pass the intersection
with Cerillos, then you turn right on the first
traffic-light-plus-intersection with Paseo de Peralta.  Turn left on

http://maps.yahoo.com/maps_result?ed=f_JQaep_0TrHKUc01RDBDmDqiZNPFw--&csz=Santa+Fe%2C+NM+87501&country=us&new=1&name=&qty=