[nmglug] Partition resizing

Sam Noble sam at thepromisedlan.org
Wed Mar 7 18:11:06 PST 2007

On Wed, Mar 07, 2007 at 06:32:00AM -0700, a_kaluta wrote:
> Goodmorning Gnus;
> Brief update,linux laptop stolen some months ago.

Wow, what a bummer Anthony. You should keep an eye on ebay etc. There's
a lot fewer lucgm2's out there than a lot of other brands/makes you
might have a shot at recovering.

> Loaded Ubuntu 5.04(what I had lying around) dual boot with Xp on desktop
> where have 15 gigabites unallocated space that I would like to dedicate to
> windows C drive.
> tried qtparted from Knoppix. 5.1.1 without success, I could reduce size but
> not increase perhaps due to faulty knowledge.

Is the unallocated space contiguous with the partition that's currently
C? I think if it's not you won't be able to grow it.

> Perhaps this is the time to try "Wine"

Probably not, even if you used a non-free solution (Partition-Magician?)
It surely would have to run from a boot disk of some kind, so no need
for wine.

> Tried fished around around the internet for a solution . Anyone suggest am
> internet tutorial type site addressing the Question?

Not off hand sorry.

> Good To Be Saying Hello Again. Anthony

Bah, by mailing list standards, you never left :)