[nmglug] saving disk space

Sam Noble sam at thepromisedlan.org
Wed May 23 10:03:12 PDT 2007

On Wed, 2007-05-23 at 10:14 -0600, BrianO'Keefe wrote:
> the giant mol.1.log file is
> still there...logrotate blew right by it

Dear Mr. Courageous,
I don't know as much about logrotate as I wish I did, but I think you
need to have a stanza specifically addressing your mol logs
in /etc/logrotate.conf or (the same stanza as discreet file)
in /etc/logrotate.d/ directory. If you did not install mol from a .deb
package that may have to be done by hand. Unfortunately I don't know the
syntax but copying one that works and changing the obvious (:%
s/acpid/mol/g) is probably a good start.

sam