[nmglug] saving disk space

Sam Noble sam at thepromisedlan.org
Wed May 23 10:25:05 PDT 2007

On Wed, 2007-05-23 at 09:59 -0600, BrianO'Keefe wrote:
> Another question, can anyone help in installing Lightning for
> thunderbird from source? I had gotten Sunbird installed but have
> screwed
> that all up and haven't had any luck reinstalling it from source. the
> mozilla build instructions are not easy for me and they don't use
> standard "/configure && make && make install". I would really like to
> get a calendar back.

Do you want to build Thunderbird from source or the Lightning extension?
Also, why? Is the goal to get calendaring to 'work' or did you want to
play with the latest CVS pull?
I'd not heard of the lightning extension until you asked, but installing
it into the default icedove (thunderbird) on my debian system took all
of 40 seconds or so. (plus googling it.)

sam