[nmglug] Remote Desktop Tunneling

Beau Bechdol bbechdol at gmail.com
Sat Apr 19 15:32:44 PDT 2008

Hello all,

I was looking back threw my send items and was not sure if I have already
asked this question or not. But I have Ubuntu 7.10 loaded on a desktop at
home, it used to have Windows XP on it. When XP was on it, I had it setup in
a way that i tunneled Remote Desktop Connection over port 22. So I can
securely connect to my machine over the internet.

My goal is to have the similar setup on my Ubuntu machine. I would like to
connect to it securely, over the internet with a terminal services client.

Any guidance would be helpful on this matter :)

Thanks all.