[nmglug] dial up

akaluta at zianet.com akaluta at zianet.com
Tue Aug 19 05:03:09 PDT 2008

Good Day to All:
Excitings times around here the Debian and Ubuntu CD's have
arrived.Temporarily have installedfrom Ubuntu live distribution.
After my linux laptop was stolen,drifted into amateur radio, now trying to
recall those few things I understood about Linux.The installed distro does
not seem to do anything with my dial up modem. Anyone have any head-up on
how to proceed. looked in ls -l /dev found a few things with dial up
attached. do not find uvdial in programs may be the problem.If that is in
fact the problem that would lead to the question of how to download from
vista and load to Ubuntu.
Am I on the right track? assume there is no plug and play, any comments
please.

The second topic,will anyone who is planning to be at the Santa Fe meeting
Thursday be willing to meet and guide me through a dual boot vista/debian
install.I would be comming from Taos for such a  meeting,so if I could firm
up an arrangement,I,in exchange,subject to a successful install,would in
turn,provied a complimentry dinner at Santa Fe's finest baking company,you
also receive a slap on the back and a hearty handshake. So best regards to
all be well. Anthony K