[nmglug] dial up

akaluta at zianet.com akaluta at zianet.com
Thu Aug 21 12:31:17 PDT 2008

Brian:
Looks like I may be caught in that endless loop.Entered the modem
settings,the Debian instruction for setting dial up for Ubuntu then stated
to continue use gnome modem monitor,when I located it through search and
tried to open it:I do not have root privilages.do not know how to get root
privilages from graphic interface,any Ideas such as how to start modem from
current settings without the gnome modem monitor and being lead down yet
another garden path .or will I need to abandon this approach and try ppp set
up or similiar.What are your thoughts on the subject. Tnx Anthony K