[nmglug] dial up

akaluta at zianet.com akaluta at zianet.com
Thu Aug 21 20:06:11 PDT 2008

Brian:
Thanks for your several helpful replies.I have logged in a setup the
perameters for dialup.The advice I the site suggested the method of starting
the dialup application would be to use gnome-modem?
gnome-modem did not appear in the internet menu,doing a program
search,produced the program ,but locked me out with no root signin
option,thus my plea for help.I believe I have found the soloution to the
lockout.What appeared was the icon and not the program.which is not on the
program list,nor is gnome-ppp.I am trying to bootstrap my self onto the
internet,with the little knowledge and the choices of which I am
aware,couple more things to try,think that pon in and out may be
possible.Anyway stumbling along,liberally mixed with bouts of
discouragement,in other word a common linux quandry as I know it.Thanks for
your good words. Best Regards,Anthony K