[nmglug] dial up

Brian O'Keefe okeefe at cybermesa.com
Fri Aug 22 09:04:52 PDT 2008

I'm confused here,
So did you go to System>Administration>Network? That should have brought
up the Network Settings panel. In that you can enable ethernet, wireless
or dial-up. You have to unlock it to change settings and for that you
need an administrator's password.that was why I sent the links and info
from my searches. Assuming that you can open the settings with a
password then you can go into the dial-up settings, or as Ubuntu calls
it "point to point" and there you can set all of the PPP and other
parameters. whether or not that will work is beyond me as I don't even
try to use dial-up anymore. I don't see why this won't work though as
all the modem settings are in there. You may need ndswrapper or some
other stuff to get your modem to work and there are tons of threads
about that on the ubuntu forums (ubuntuforums.org) where I get most of
my help, as well as from NMGLUG.
Some screenshots: