[nmglug] mail, etc

okeefe at cybermesa.com okeefe at cybermesa.com
Mon Jan 14 20:56:57 PST 2008

Boy, Cybermesa has been a nightmare! It hasn't helped my network problem.
Here's what I know-
I am in Mexico and am using my friend's wifi but.... Networkmanager can't use
the hex key for some reason so I set up a profile in Administration>Networking
for eth1 and entered the info there, hex key, DHCP, etc., and I can connect.
NetworkManager doesn't like this and sees no available networks but I don't
care because i can still get online but as of yesterday I found getting into
cybermesa webmail harder but after a time I got in and could use it.
My Thunderbird account still worked and after changing some smtp settings I
had no trouble but it has slowly gone south until now when i cannot get into
webmail nor any https or secure site nor can I send from my smtpauth cybermesa
server.
I've googled and all I can determine is that by manually configuring eth1 I
cobbled up security somehow. I'm going to see if I can at least get ethernet
back if I disable connections in Networking and if Network Manager will then
at least detect the ethernet connection (which it now does not).
Yikes!
thanks for any help and for bearing with the disjointed nature of these posts
as I'm skipping back and forth from mail client to webmail and OS'es!
brian