[nmglug] mail

BrianO'Keefe okeefe at cybermesa.com
Wed Jan 23 14:27:28 PST 2008

Still in Mexico and having Ubuntu internet issues.
I logged out and back in and I think that helps but I started getting
notices, when setting my server settings in TBird to send secure mail,
as pop-ups.
the first says,
""localhost.localdomain" is a site that uses a security certificate to
encrypt data during transmission but its certificate expired on
02/09/2005 9:52 PM. check that the time and date on your computer is set
correctly (today's time and date shown)

I click OK and then:
"You have attempted to establish a connection with "pop.cybermesa.com"
However the security certificate presented belongs to
"localhost.localdomain" It is possible though unlikely, that someone may
be trying to intercept your communications with this site. If you
suspect the certificate does not belong to cybermesa.com please cancel
the connection"

would this have bearing on my mail and https problem in Ubuntu but that
doesn't exist in OS X? Is Ubuntu's security more robust here for some
reason?\

Many thanks for any help
Brian