[nmglug] SSH problem

Todd Richardson trichardson at cvecoop.org
Fri Mar 21 11:02:50 PDT 2008

ok 0 for 11 :P

Obviously it is listening on port 22 so netstat isn't necessary...

>From what I read, sshd_config is not responsible for denying hosts (its
worth a look in your conf file, but the man pages didn't mention it.)

This article- http://www.linux.com/articles/61061 - mentioned preventing
sshd access outside your certain subnets using TCP wrappers.
( /etc/hosts.allow or /etc/hosts.deny )

Its possible that FC8 sets this up automatically, so its worth a look.

Otherwise I'm fresh out of suggestions.

-Todd