[nmglug] suggestions on computers?

Ed Santiago nmglug at edsantiago.com
Fri Oct 24 09:34:37 PDT 2008

>There is also Los Alamos Computers (http://laclinux.com/) up on the
>mountain here. Also, I have not dealt with them other than finding out
>via email the information on NMGLUG - but at least they are
>GNU/Linux/Open Source friendly.

I can recommend LAC.  I bought a system from them just about
two years ago.  Gary was very helpful in figuring out the right
video configuration (dual 1600x1200).  When a drive died (infant
mortality), he got me a replacement the next day.  When logcheck
started reporting ECC problems, he worked hard to get me replacement
RAM.  I've pinged him a few times with minor questions about the
system and he has always been responsive and helpful.  I will
buy my next system from LAC.

Ed
Ed Santiago               Toolsmith               myfirstname at edsantiago.com