[nmglug] VirtualBox

J. Marsden DeLapp jmdelapp at delapp.com
Mon Sep 1 00:19:55 PDT 2008

akaluta at zianet.com wrote:
> Mars:
> Allow me to draw on your experience re:VirtualBox.
> I have installed VirtualBox on my dual booted system on the Ubuntu side.
> If I were to consider reducing the laptop to single boot. Would you
> recommend using Vista or using Ubuntu as the Host system?
> The laptop came loaded with Vista.
> With my limited Linux installation experience, I would tend towards Vista as
> the Host system.
> Is my perspective overly cautious,What say You Marsden? Tnx, Anthony K

I would use Ubuntu as the Host system. But that is me, I want Gnu/Linux to be my
primary operating system. I use Gnu/Linux for almost all of my computing. The
only reason to boot Windows is to take care of those few tasks that I can not do
with Gnu/Linux.

You might choose to use Vista as the Host operating system if you use Windows as
your main operating system and want to keep it that way.

Mars

J. Marsden DeLapp, PE
President
DeLapp & Associates, Inc. dba DeLapp Engineering.
Providing lighting and power planning, design and analysis services
for commercial, industrial and large residential facilities.
1190 Harrison Road Ste 3a
Santa Fe NM 87507
(505) 983-5557
http://DeLapp.com