[nmglug] updated to Intrepid

BrianO'Keefe okeefe at cybermesa.com
Sun Sep 7 15:40:22 PDT 2008

I upgraded my old Lombard to Intrepid. I couldn't use Update-Manager as
it pooped errors so I edited my sources.list and did and apt-get update,
apt-get dist-upgrade which ran fine.
I rebooted and everything seemed fine and there were a few funny kinks
but they seemed to resolve after running update manager. I logged out
and in and again the desktop appeared and looked normal. However, almost
all gnome apps crash with "illegal instruction (core dumped)". I can
only see this if I run them in a KDE terminal as gnome-terminal crashes
too. So no gedit, terminal, thunderbird, firefox, synaptic,
update-manager. All the KDE apps run fine.
Any ideas of what to look for?

Thanks