[nmglug] printers

Steve Katona srtraveler at gmail.com
Fri Feb 13 08:10:39 PST 2009

Massive frustration with Ubuntu 8.1 & 7.1 with my HP LaserJet 1020.
Sometimes it will work for months and then I have to fiddle for a long time,
installing, uninstalling, downloading drivers--foo2zjs and HPLIP for
instance--now can't get it to work at all--works in XP which I am going to
leave today when my cd with 8.01 comes with the book Beginning Ubuntu Linux
by Thomas, 3rd ed.

I'm ready to buy a new printer and asking for recommendation. BTW, the
Ubuntu forums are full of complaints and fixes on this printer, most of
which I've tried.

--
Retired dilettante, recumbent bike rider, Thai massage student