[nmglug] open source help desk software

Andres Paglayan andres at paglayan.com
Fri Feb 13 10:34:01 PST 2009

On Thu, 2009-02-12 at 18:27 -0700, Mindshare Studios wrote:
> Hi fellas (and ladies?),
>

> Anyone have a recommendation for an open source helpdesk application?
> I'm looking for something to handle client tech support issues,
> preferably with customizable issue submission forms (customizable in
> the sense that you don't have to hack the core code). Having the
> option to process payments for support would be ideal but not
> necessary. Any input is appreciated.

couple of years ago I have used mysql eventum
http://dev.mysql.com/downloads/other/eventum/

it worked as advertised, has a good forum, and it was a blessing for me,
as I had users filling in the app,
instead of leaving sticky notes on my screen, and also showd for true
how the users can request the dumbest things,
(I finally had proof!)