[nmglug] openmoko neo forerunner

Andres Paglayan andres at paglayan.com
Thu Jan 22 16:01:47 PST 2009

On Wed, 2009-01-14 at 14:14 -0700, Ariel Gold wrote:

> hi andres,
>
> i saw a while back on the nmglug list you got a neo forerunner. i'm
> interested in your experience with it, if you'd like to share with me
> or with the whole list...

the openmoko is a great Linux capable device,
you'll need lots of reading to get it to the state of an everyday usable
phone,
it reminds me of getting a laptop loaded with debian three or four years
ago,
(yes, you can run debian on your openmoko while using it as a phone)
the lack of keyboard is a pain, (matchbox touch-keyboard is way small)