[nmglug] sudo apt-get build-dep linux-image-$(uname -r)

a akaluta at taosnet.com
Mon Jun 29 05:18:14 PDT 2009

Anyone know if I am on the right track to get the kernel source of (as
indicated below)required by "parapin" the file looks like over 300 mega
bites? Ubuntu site at its current rate is 16 days download time
required,seems absurd,anyway am I headed in the right direction,anyone?
Antonio

Starting from Hardy (8.04) this has changed to:

sudo apt-get build-dep linux-image-$(uname -r)
apt-get source linux-image-$(uname -r)

Ubuntu modules source may also be needed if you plan to enable PAE and
64GB support in the kernel for 32bit Hardy (8.04). The Ubuntu supplied
modules may not be compatible with PAE enabled kernel.

sudo apt-get build-dep linux-ubuntu-modules-$(uname -r)
apt-get source linux-ubuntu-modules-$(uname -r)