[nmglug] a couple of a/v questions: video remote control, and audio flexibility

Brendan synk at swcp.com
Fri Mar 27 10:45:59 PDT 2009

Mark Galassi wrote:
> Second question: I suspect that there must be many people using USB
> audio to run some kind of wireless interface that then plugs in to their
> good stereo.  What I'd like to do is have audio originate in my
> computer, and be broadcast all over my house (and outside), possibly on
> FM, or possibly with a second gadget that receives transmission from the
> first gadget and sends it to the stereo via RCA or headphone jacks.

I'm doing this with my Wind PC.  Squeezecenter serves up the music.
mpg321 streams it on the same system, and the audio out is plugged into
a Ramsey FM30 transmitter, broadcasting on 99.9FM.  Works reasonably
well on a .2 acre property with thick metal lathe+plaster walls.  I'd
buy a higher power transmitter if I were doing it again (FM100BEX maybe?).

-Brendan