[nmglug] armic powerpc and eth1

BrianO'Keefe okeefe at cybermesa.com
Wed Nov 4 08:36:31 PST 2009

Silly me. upgrading with update manager to Karmic when Jaunty was just
fine on my G4 TiBook, though slow.
After running the dist upgrade I rebooted and got the GUI boor screen
and then to a console that kept running endless lines of
"eth1 connecting" followed by
"eth1 disconnecting" with each line preceded by an address that kept
changing to a higher number. These lines finally ran at blinding speed
and the boot didn't proceed at all.
Is there a  boot option that will stop this so I can at least log in?
Luckily I have done the clean install of Karmic on my Toshiba laptop and
don't "need" the TiBook to work I still have lots of files that I'd like
to browse and clean up before I ditch the TiBook and its Ubuntu altogether.
Interestingly, Karmic runs beautifully on my 11 year old G3 Powerbook,
though again, pretty slowly

thanks