[nmglug] Upgrading

okeefe at cybermesa.com okeefe at cybermesa.com
Thu Sep 10 16:33:32 PDT 2009

On my TiBook I'm trying a distro upgrade but helix-player is causing some
conflict. It won't upgrade and I can't remove it either thru synaptic or
apt-get. Here's some terminal output. Please help and many Zozobra thanks!

Brian

 sudodpkg --remove helix-player
bash: sudodpkg: command not found
brianokeefe at ubuntu:~$ sudo dpkg --remove helix-player
(Reading database ... 460193 files and directories currently installed.)
Removing helix-player ...
rm: cannot remove `/usr/lib/helix/player/share': No such file or directory
rm: cannot remove `/usr/lib/helix/player/README': No such file or directory
dpkg: error processing helix-player (--remove):
 subprocess pre-removal script returned error exit status 1
ln: creating symbolic link `/usr/lib/helix/player/share': No such file or
directory
ln: creating symbolic link `/usr/lib/helix/player/README': No such file or
directory
ln: creating symbolic link `/usr/lib/mozilla/plugins/nphelix.so': File exists
ln: creating symbolic link `/usr/lib/mozilla/components/nphelix.xpt': File
exists
Processing triggers for menu ...
 helix-player
brianokeefe at ubuntu:~$ sudo apt-get purge helix-player
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
required:
  konqueror-nsplugins libmsn0.1
The following packages will be REMOVED:
  helix-player*
0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 1 to remove and 0 not upgraded.
After this operation, 11.6MB disk space will be freed.
Do you want to continue [Y/n]?
(Reading database ... 460193 files and directories currently installed.)
Removing helix-player ...
rm: cannot remove `/usr/lib/helix/player/share': No such file or directory
rm: cannot remove `/usr/lib/helix/player/README': No such file or directory
dpkg: error processing helix-player (--purge):