[nmglug] Upgrading

Mark Galassi mark at galassi.org
Thu Sep 10 16:37:26 PDT 2009

    okeefe> On my TiBook I'm trying a distro upgrade but helix-player
    okeefe> is causing some conflict. It won't upgrade and I can't
    okeefe> remove it either thru synaptic or apt-get. Here's some
    okeefe> terminal output. Please help and many Zozobra thanks!

I would first try the variou reinstall approaches to fix your
obviously-broken helix-player installation (you probably don't need
helix-player anyway). If those fail I would try the various --force
options to make the removal really happen.