[nmglug] ftp video file truncate

Jason Schaefer js at jasonschaefer.com
Wed Jan 13 12:03:54 PST 2010

On Wed, Jan 13, 2010 at 3:42 AM, a <a at kaluta.us> wrote:
> Thanks all for the reply.I have just opened these e-mails and will
> comtemplate Jasons suggestion and thank him for it.
> What I am trying to do:
> I have a netcam triggered by a sensor with sends the output (FTP,mjpg)
> to a file in an online site for storage.I am attempting to limit the
> ultimate file size by truncating or rotating the file contents. tnx

Got it. The problem with this is truncating an image will break it.
You want to control the size of the image when creating the image or
use something like imagemagick to compress/resize them (see convert
-quality and -resize). Anyways, I think you are best using find in a
cron to cleanup the old images in your ftp server.