[nmglug] Help my bro'

Bin Hu hubin.keio at gmail.com
Thu Jan 21 15:30:07 PST 2010

Hi,

I assume that your brother's computer's booting  into memory test is
caused by incorrect boot up configuration instead of hardware issue.
If that is the case,  your brother might want to check the boot
sequence setting in the BIOS configuration during computer start up
and give priority to CD-ROM so that he can boot from a live cd. If
this doesn't help, then he may try boot from a flash driver or a
network boot server. After boot up into linux, he should then edit the
boot menu in /boot/grub/menu.lst, assuming he is using GRUB instead of
LILO.

I hope this helps.

Regards,
Bin