[nmglug] More house calls?

BrianO'Keefe okeefe at cybermesa.com
Wed Mar 3 17:05:42 PST 2010

Additionally: We got a remote disk drive to see if the problem was the
internal drive but still can't boot a live cd from that either. Any help
at all out there?? Nothing boots at all, just the memory test. It just
reboots repeatedly. Is this a hardware issue? Is there a way to try and
mount the HD to my laptop and try and access it? It would be great to
actually get the box to work though.

Any gurus out there that do house calls or will take my brother's
computer and figure out why he can't boot from a rescue or live cd? I
had asked about this a while back as he was having cd drive issues, he
thought. He uninstalled and then reinstalled udev and since then he can
only boot to memory test. He can access his BIOS settings but can't
effect any change. He bought a remote drive to try and boot a cd but no
good.
He's ready to have someone come over and check out the problem and as
he's disabled it's far easier for that than to take the box somewhere,
though not impossible.
Any help?

Brian