[nmglug] piece of iron

Jason Schaefer js at jasonschaefer.com
Fri Jun 3 11:48:50 PDT 2011

> So I wonder, what the list thinks is the best iron out there these days?

I have the T61 and have been very happy with it. Looking for more
portability, I have been eying the X220. Not excited about the small
12.5 screen. I like large displays but I carry my t61 EVERYWHERE with
me and I'm starting to regret it. Thinking it could become top of desk
and the x220 for top of lap. I bought a atheros ar5008 for my t61 but
it drops network connection periodically. So I will probably buy a
AR9280. Not sure what they ship with. I think broadcom. Have not had a
chance to research the gobi3000 card. I wonder what chipset they ship?
Anyone know driver situation? Is it a pci-e slot?

Jason