[nmglug] piece of iron

nick pitlosh nickpitlosh at gmail.com
Thu Jun 23 08:46:42 PDT 2011

i would hope that any modern wireless card is expresscard, but as you
well may know drivers for the atheros chips in my experience have a
few issues and one is incompatibility with modern kernels and the
wireless architecture in linux that is deployed in most distros. This
seems to be related to the stripping that many distos use on the
mac80211 and iw subsystems. I've found that a valuable source of
information on this is the aircrack-ng website. This application
pushes the limits of the standard to a degree where standards
tolerance is virtually non-existent. I hope this gets you onto a more
illuminated path.