[nmglug] Meetings

rob jackson rjackson1969 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 28 13:15:13 PDT 2011

dammit... I missed last night's. Guess it was 2 weeks ago already I tried.

Gnome 3 is nice to a point but man, I find it odd that a linux distribution
is strong-arming it's users into drastic changes in interface. Unity or
Gnome 3. Even Win7 didn't change it's user interface that much.

On Fri, Oct 28, 2011 at 1:45 PM, Jason Schaefer <js at jasonschaefer.com>wrote:

> On Fri, Oct 28, 2011 at 1:10 PM, rob jackson <rjackson1969 at gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > I went to the SF bakery I think it was for the last scheduled meeting and
> it
> > was a no show. I was also wondering if the meetings take place.
>
> We met last night. Discussed choosing a distribution. Also, the new
> direction that user interfaces are going. Specifically, unity and
> gnome3. Observations were made about the redundancy of these projects.
> Then we went to junction and watched the game and played with phones.
> Fairly typical glug..
> Again, if people have specific things they want to do or discuss. I
> would recommend communicating before a meeting, so that people will be
> there to do them with.
> Jason

   When I came back to Dublin I was court martialed in my absence and
   sentenced to death in my absence, so I said they could shoot me in my
   absence. - *Brendan F Behan*