[nmglug] Future Meetings at our Office: 1513 Third Street, Santa Fe

Joseph Thames beartham at gmail.com
Fri Oct 28 16:19:49 PDT 2011

Dear NMGLUG,

We are a local software company, actually a for-profit and a non-profit to
cover our proprietary and open-source code-bases. We just submitted a
proposal to the NSF to install this combo on a supercomputer at the U. of
Kentucky. If successful it could lead to a $multimillion project in 2013.
(See attached PDF file). This file has many links to our website, which you
can explore to get a full picture of our technologies. I encourage you to do
so, as it will enable us to move a bit faster in our discussions.

As this proposal discusses, we are sitting on a collection of code-bases
which have been developed over a very long time. The oldest, Fortran
Calculus, is proprietary, and is written in G95 Fortran. Its lineage reaches
all the way back to the Apollo program. The rest  are open-source (Glade
GUI-builder & Bison compiler-compiler "escalator" tools and web "spiritext"
generators) and are written in Perl and C. Our intent is to cede these to
the open-source community for further development in line with our business
plan. So we thought we would start with your group if there is any interest.

To this end, we would like to hold a series of your Thursday night GLUG
meetings at our office at 1513 Third street, Suite B, beginning with the
next one on November 10. I will brief you on our technologies and show you
some demos. Then we can explore what might be possible. We have extensive
Linux experience, including Suse, Fedora, Ubuntu, and CentOS. We rent a
Cloud VPS (Tectonic in Pensylvania), and also make extensive use of VMware
virtual appliances.

Please RSVP back, so I can plan for the meeting.

Thank you,
--
Joseph 'Bear' Thames
MetaCalculus, LLC and Meta Science Foundation
beartham at gmail.com