[nmglug] Linux kernel 3.0

kevinlowrie kevinlowrie at gmail.com
Sat Jan 28 20:02:01 PST 2012

The best article I found on 3.0 was in LinuxJournal last October/November for those with a subscription.

that sums it up best in the title for the impatient.

For the even more impatient, 3.0 came out 15 years after the 2.0 version released and Linus felt it was time... don't expect anything snazzier than you would from 2.6.39 to 2.6.40... it's the same upgrade (no 2.6.40 to be released...)

Another good summation of the versions here.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Linux_kernel

And for the really curious. Here is the 7/21/2011 post from Linus releasing it with his words.
https://lkml.org/lkml/2011/7/21/455

cheers and happy haxin9!
kevinlowrie
kevinlowrie at gmail.com

The prestige of government has undoubtedly been lowered considerably by the prohibition law...
A.Einstein