[nmglug] Check a disk?

Ted Pomeroy ted.pome at gmail.com
Mon Mar 25 15:56:17 PDT 2013

NMGLug-ers, can you help me check a sata 2.5" drvie at our meeting
this Thursday? It was in an HP laptop, Intel core i5 processor and
running Ubuntu 10.04. Alas, it seems un-readable now. The laptop was
difficult to boot, had a hardware issue of some kind but now does not
even get to the bios start process. I tried to read the harddrive with
a 32-bit system and the hdd crashed. Is it possible to salvage this
user's data? Can we take a look. I have a usb adapter, but no 64 bit
system. Is that an issue? Or has some other error trashed this hdd?
Anybody interested? Thanks, Ted P.