[nmglug] *6PM confirmed* Fwd: Richard Stallman to speak in Socorro - October 31st, 2014

s at mnoble.net s at mnoble.net
Sat Oct 25 12:34:48 PDT 2014

On Fri, Oct 24, 2014 at 06:40:34PM -0600, Arlo Barnes wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 23, 2014 at 4:08 PM, Sam Noble <s at mnoble.net> wrote:
>
> > Show it as being at 6pm, so that's probably correct, but the .ics and
> > .vcal files FSF is serving up have:
> > DTSTART:20141031T220000Z
> > DTEND:20141031T230000Z
> >
> > Which my owncloud etc translate to 4pm.
>
> Although ISO 8601 is rather ugly, it is human-readable: we see the date in
> the standard most-significant-first order, without any demarcating
> characters (being zero-padded, each of the eight digits can never be
> confused with another), then we see the time in Universal Time Coordinate,

Thank you LazyWeb! ;)

Yay owncloud/replicant calendar they got it right.

But as Arlo knows, we now have confirmation from Jesse Crawford, that
the calendar files are incorrect. And that the talk will be at 6pm (MDT
UTC -6 :) DTSTART:20141101T000000Z  maybe? (never trust /me's
arithmetic especially at a unit boundary OBO FTW):

On Fri, Oct 24, 2014 at 08:46:50PM -0600, Jesse B. Crawford wrote:
> Hello,
--snip email and mailman administrivia--

--
sam