[nmglug] Farmers vs. software patents,

Jason Schaefer js at jasonschaefer.com
Fri Aug 21 09:43:48 PDT 2015

> be held accountable!' as an argument. I do think that a lot of this can be
> attributed to ignorance rather than malice on Deere's part, though
> (Hanlon's razor).

Actually, this argument is very common and _very_ deliberate. Without
this type of system, these companies cannot conduct totalitarian control
over their users and competition. Without it they could not lock us in
or out of their technology black boxes. Without, it would be devastating
to their profiteering agenda's. Take a look at what non-free software
companies and their CEO's/founders/lawyers say and do. These are not
stupid people. Obviously, Free Software is a direct threat to their
agenda. They need to convince everyone that the law should protect their
interests. The King and Court relies on an oligarchy or monarchy to
maintain power and squash other power systems.