[nmglug] Farmers vs. software patents,

Arlo Barnes arlo.barnes at gmail.com
Fri Aug 21 11:14:27 PDT 2015

I guess it depends on whether you consider power-grabbing a valuable
strategy compared to power-sharing. I think the second leads to better
social systems (not better overall, but for each party on average), so I
think someone who power-grabs is making a mistake, even where they
'succeed'.
-Arlo James Barnes

On Fri, Aug 21, 2015 at 10:43 AM, Jason Schaefer <js at jasonschaefer.com>
wrote:

> Actually, this argument is very common and _very_ deliberate. Without this
> type of system, these companies cannot conduct totalitarian control over
> their users and competition. Without it they could not lock us in or out of
> their technology black boxes. Without, it would be devastating to their
> profiteering agendas.

Take a look at what non-free software companies and their