[nmglug] hardware discussion: desktops, high performance, possibly fanless

Arlo Barnes arlo.barnes at gmail.com
Sat Jun 6 07:18:32 PDT 2015

For the past week I have been drooling over https://puri.sm after someone
posted it, and they claim low-noise and offer several options as far as
choosing specs. That said, since I have not owned it* I cannot vouch for
it, and since it is new not many people can (at least with confidence going
forward that there will not be major hardware bugs). It is free hard, firm,
and software, though.

When you say you need to be more careful about cost, could you be more
specific? What and how tight is your budget?

Regards,
-Arlo James Barnes

*I am currently using a Toshiba Satellite and very happy with it, including
the noise and computing capacity (I use an external hard-drive for storage).